Saints boss George Burley has told the Southern Daily Echo that Bale will be in the starting line up against Man City in the FA Cup 4th Round.
In the 3rd round Bale was left out of the squad sparking fears that he hadent been included to avoid him being cup tied. But even at the time Burley denied this and today, speaking to the Southern Daily Echo he said –
‘Gareth was injured when we played Torquay but he played last week, is fit and if he’s fit on Sunday he’ll play.
‘But I don’t need to see him against Premiership opposition to know his qualities and the standard he can perform at’.
This is good news for Saints fans as it boosts the chance of Bale staying at Southampton untill the summer atleast.
Bale has been connected with a move to lots of teams including, Manchester United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Real Madrid!
Join Vital Saints
To visit the Vital Saints message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Saint.